Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon, popularly known as Reekado Banks, turns 22 today!
The Supreme Mavins Dynasty artistem has had an impressive 2015 churning out hit singles, impressing in features, standing out in songs put out together with his Mavins family.
He also recorded songs with Nigerian/American rapper Wale.
He has gathered a fair amount of success within a short spell and as he celebrates another year.
Here are 5 reasons why you just love Mr Reekado noni.
- Talented: Many see a lot of acts on Mavins as a Don Jazzy project, that without the beats of the Don, they would easily struggle elsewhere, Reekado is however different, viewed by some as Wande Coal’s replacement in the clique, he has proven with songs like ‘Katapot’ and ‘Sugar baby’ including leading on the monster hit single ‘Dorobucci’ that he has the voice to kill hooks and stand out on any song.
- Completing his Parents house: I remember been so impressed when I first saw images of the house he helped his father complete, considering he has barely been a superstar for ‘less than 15minutes’ in the industry, he happens to be the last child of the family and is born to a Pastor father and Caterer mother, dude sure knows the essentials of life.
- His grass to grace story: Reekado went from hawking blenders in traffic and working as a bricklayer on several construction sites to getting signed by Don Jazzy, winning the ‘Rookie of the year’ Headies 2014 and becoming a Glo ambassador.
- He knows the importance of Education: Reekado graduated from the department of History and Strategic study, University of Lagos in 2014, so whenever the music thing stops to work, he has something to fall back on.
- Just like we regular humans, Reekado is a football lover, he loves to watch and also to play (check out some of his skills in Falz’s Celebrity girlfriend video) and he is an Arsenal fan.